After having to change my shirt and Weston's outfit 3x a day, doing his laundry everyday and having to clean the couch and his car seat and floor and blankets it was time to take him in to a doctor. Weston has been projectile vomited for a week now and it's not letting up. Daycare was concerned, it isn't the usual spit-up, it is an entire bottle hitting the opposite side of the room...very impressive! After he is done he laughs, he thinks it is funny or just feels better after he does it. We thought we could get it under control. He has been stuffy and thought that might be the cause, drainage. I hate it when he's sick. He looks so miserable and I feel so terrible for him and there is nothing we can give him to make him feel better. When he can't breathe is the worst, especially at night, it just sounds exhausting. We had his vaporizor going, he was elevated at all times, the crib mattress was elevated, I burped him after every 2 oz. instead after the bottle was finished, fed him some Pedialyte, tried Soy formula and I bought an electric nose sucker. Nothing was helping.I broke down today and made an appointment. He has Acid Reflux! Ugh. I thought he was in the clear for that, it usually shows up within 2 weeks of life. The Doctor explained that it peaks at 4 months and it probably just wasn't bad enough until now. We were prescribed Zantac and on our way. Also, to help with his reflux, we started Rice Cereal today. We just add a little bit to his bottle to make his formula a little bit thicker. I am NOT ready to feed him with a spoon yet.
Poor little man, I hate hate hate it when he is sick!
No comments:
Post a Comment