Move in weekend was a little hectic. We got the keys last Thursday at Closing. After Closing Adam and I headed straight to the house to take it all in...with no company and no kid to distract us. We just walked around together and really studied each room and envisioned ourselves living in each nook of the house. We talked about how our family will grow here and speculated on how memories will be made...pretty many.
Thursday evening my mom and a family friend from Indiana (Karen) came down to help me paint. That night we drove over 2 SUVs and a large commercial van (that Karen drove over) filled with kitchen items, artwork, delicate office materials and paint supplies. After we unloaded everything the 3 of us (Adam was at the old house with the baby) taped the baby's room, dining room and office. We were finally finished around 1 a.m., we jump in our cars and mine won't start, nice. We leave my car to deal with the next day and head back to the old house.
Friday we painted, painted and painted, for 16 hours straight! During the day I called AAA, they came and jumped me and my car was magically fixed, I felt like such a dork that that was the only problem...so we thought. After the AAA guy, our new mattress showed up and then the painter came to give us a quote on our bedroom, hallway and foyer. We took more loads of boxes over and went back to the old house to sleep on last night.
Saturday, everyone is up bright and early. The movers get to the old house around 8am, that's my cue to take West and the dog over the new one. Bye old house! I fed W at the new house and we played for a bit while my mom and Karen painted the laundry room. We unloaded more boxes from the car. By 11 a.m. my dad, Grandma, Adam's sister Ashley and her husband Jason and Adam's mom Sue all show up ready and willing to help out where they can. Basically we needed people to unload boxes as they poured into the new house and someone needed to keep W busy, as you could probably guess it wasn't hard to find someone to watch him. In the mist of everyone coming in and out our new dining room table and chairs were also delivered and my car dies AGAIN. Grandma was in charge of food and my Aunt Carole even stopped by with some Cheryl's Cookies for an afternoon snack. And AAA sent a Battery Truck and installed a new battery in my car...all fixed...so I thought (more on that in another post at another time!).
Saturday night was so exciting, it was our first night in our new house. And we were so happy. We ARE so happy and just can't believe it's our house. Here are some pictures of the dining room, W's room, kitchen, family room and our bedroom (which is going to get painted a different color this week) and the last one is of Adam and W checking out the backyard.

7 comments:
LOVE IT! Congrats!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!! Is that West I see peeking his head out in the family room?? :)
I love it! It's so beautiful!
I love it! love the colors!!
Wow, Jody, you've been busy my friend! I can't believe how things worked for you guys but I'm grateful that they did...
Your new place looks awesome and I love the colors that you picked out for EVERY room, seriousyl, looks amazing!
Congrats on your new place! Sit back and enjoy!
WOW! I'm tired just reading everything you all did. The house looks AMAZING!
I love it!!!! And you will show up in our weekly stats for blogging about AAA:)
Post a Comment