It's 8 PM and everyone has finally went home, it's just me, Adam and the baby in our hospital room. No one told me that 8 PM is when your hospital visit really starts. I swear the nurses were in my room poking and prodding my exhausted body every 2-3 hours. They also felt it necessary to remind me that my son needed to eat at that time, no kidding, he is like an alarm clock and I just want a little shut eye. At about midnight I decide to call the nurse, I can't take it anymore, I am exhausted and a screaming baby that wants to eat every hour is not helping. The nurse comes in and is happy to take Weston to the nursery for the night. She gives me some Vicotin, Stool Softeners, IB Profin and finally I am out like a light. Meanwhile, poor hubby is laying on this most uncomfortable pull out couch ever...I wish my bed was a little bit bigger.
I was so tired I practically pass out and wake up around 4 PM. I waking up sobbing and scream, "Where is my baby, I need him here, I'm a terrible mother, how could I banish him to the nursery, he might get stolen!!!" After I'm done ranting, Adam makes me call the nurse and summon our new son. We didn't get any sleep from that point and he never left our room again, pure bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment