Sunday, January 27, 2008

No more Booby Baby

I went into this pregnancy having no intention of breastfeeding, I even had nightmares about it. Once he was born, I decided I would just try it and at least he could get the benefits of my Colostrum. He did awesome...until my milk came in, it was a nightmare. And in the end, I have decided the best thing for my son and I would be formula feeding. He just wasn't getting what he needed for nurishment and breastfeeding was just not working out for me. I will spare you the details. Because it was my choice to stop breastfeeding doesn't mean I wasn't depressed. I cried for 2 days straight as my milk dried up, it was the point of no return and I was feeling like an inadadequet mother and was second guessing my decision every minute.

On the positive side:
Whomever said that breastfeeding was more convenient is on crack. Yes you can just whip it out whenever, BUT it takes around 45 minutes every 2 hours and only you can feed him. I felt like all I was doing was feeding him and it was exhausting. Now he takes a bottle every 2.5-3 hours and it downs it in about 15 minutes, and hubby can help...finally, I can get some shut eye. Since Adam and I are now taking shifts at night, we are each getting 5-6 hours of uninterupted much needed sleep, YAY!

No comments: