Friday, July 24, 2009

A day with Uncle George

My brother was in town for the sole purpose of bonding with his Nephew and asked if he could keep West home for the day. I was a little hesitant, as Geo has never really watched/babysat/nannied a child before, but I gave in. After writing a very detailed schedule and food list....because he may forget babies need to eat and nap during their funness...and map of the area, he drove me to work and dropped me off. Away they went. I did call him a couple of times throughout the day and only had to remind him once that a baby needs to have his diaper changed. That's just a funny thought, my brother changing a poopy diaper *giggle* which he had to promptly text me about.

He mentioned that Weston was easy, but that he would be retiring early this evening. :)


Here are the pictures that he uploaded to his Facebook page throughout the day, this put my mind a little at ease to know what they were up to. And when I asked him if he shared his pretzel with Weston, he said, "Only a tiny little bit," and I said, "Oh that's OK, he's allowed to have some pretzel." His reply, "Oh OK, well, maybe I gave him a lot!" Weston also found a buddy that would gladly eat rocks with him.

All and all I think they had a blast together and Weston was glued to Geo when I got home. He didn't want to sit next to me or have me hold him, he just wanted his Uncle.









1 comment:

Jenny said...

It makes me giggle a little to think of Uncle George being a baby-sitter too! Looks like they had fun!!!