Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Good and the Bad

How about the bad news to start...

Last week we got devastating news, my Grandpa has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. The whole family is in complete shock but I don't think any of us are actually surprised, as he smoked for most of his life and quit about 15 years ago or so. We don't have a lot of information yet, at first they assumed it was Stage 4 but after some testing they now suspect that he's in Stage 3. We should know more in the days to come as he has even more testing to take part in, then they will talk treatment as Grandpa has the will to live and wants to do everything he can to fight it. Please keep him in your thoughts.

The good...

Adam's sister, Ashley had her baby! Wyatt Cy was born October 20th weighing in at 8lbs 10oz and 21 inches long. We are going to see the baby this weekend and then I'll have lots of pictures to post! From pics I've seen, Wyatt looks just like his daddy Jason. Now we have two WC's in the family and both Wyatt and Weston were born on the 20th and within 2 ounces of each other when born...I think they're destined to be buds. Congrats Ash and I can't wait to see you and the baby on Saturday!

1 comment:

angie said...

congrats on being an aunt! I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He will be in our prayers.