Last night I had another emotional breakdown. I just keep asking myself if I'm doing the right thing or if I'm damaging my child by sending him to daycare or am I sacrificing a close relationship.
To help ease my guilt:
"It's hard sometimes, but I want her to know that education and careers are important too."
"She felt her children understood very early that it is important for parents to have their own lives outside from their children."
"70% of mothers work outside the home."
"It would be hypocritical of me to tell my children to follow their dreams if I didn't follow mine."
"High quality day care, meaning care with lots of verbal attention and positive interaction between care givers and children, does enhance early language use and the ability to think."
"Children who attended high-quality facilities also scored better on tests of their memory and language skills."
"Children enrolled in childcare and early education facilities have the opportunity to learn more about socialization and peer interaction. Children also learn about sharing, manners and even conflict resolution-- important life skills that children who stay at home solely with mom or a babysitter simply aren’t exposed to in the same way."
"Parents who choose to put their child in daycare want the same things as parents who choose to stay at home with their child: a kind, loving, safe environment in which the child will thrive."
"After the first few weeks (back to work), the worst of the sadness should pass and your comfort level rise."
"Keeping the spark in your marriage may also take less effort than if you stayed home, because part of you -- the savvy working woman -- still resembles the person he married."
Yes, I am pro-working mother only because I need to justify my decision.
1 comment:
My son is almost a year and I still struggle. I love his daycare and he seems to like being there very much. Personally, I like going to work but would much prefer it if I could go to work three days rather than five. I think that I might try to freelance from home with number two and send them to daycare 3 days per week.
Post a Comment