We went on a surprise visit today to our daycare. I have been so nervous that my little boy will be so attached to the daycare providers that he won't like being at home anymore and just want to be held by them. In a magic dreamworld I, for some reason or another, imaged the daycare provider holding and cuddling with him all day, not remembering the ratio is 1:4.
So, now I am worried about the opposite! I hope that they pay enough attention to him during the day so he doesn't feel neglected. I do have to hand it to those girls, they did have it down pat. The one lady was feeding one baby, while bouncer another in a bouncer chair, another baby was in a swing and the fourth baby was on the floor playing on a play mat. All of the kids were happy and cooing, so at least that is comforting. And the second one of them cried someone was there to sooth. I realize they can't hold my child all day, I just hope he gets some lovin', as much as they physically can anyways. I figure, what do mothers of triplets do, this can't be any worse, right?
There's always something! At least he is getting stimulated and will learn to either entertain himself and interact with others while he is there (which is good), whereas if he was home with me I would just hold him all day long!
One last thought for the day. I was caught a little off guard when I saw that all of the providers where wearing gloves when they were feeding or diapering the kids...which makes a lot of sense, I had just not thought about that before.
Until Monday! I am sure I will be a wreck!
No comments:
Post a Comment