All week Adam kept reminding me that we had this event to go to. Adam has these political type events he attends pretty often and I used to go with him more often before Weston. Well, he mentioned this particular event was for families, but very oddly enough it was taking place at Bar Louis, downtown Columbus...not a family atmosphere at 7:30 PM on a Friday night. Oh, well, I went along with it because he reassured me that the 2nd floor was reserved for this private party and others were bringing their children, he also promised we could leave within an hour since it was past Weston's bedtime. I got ready and prettied myself up, then changed Weston even when Adam protested that it wasn't necessary...I can't have people meeting him with clothes that had been spit up on, come on!
We get downtown, it's late for Weston and I'm still a little concerned about being out this late with him. As we walk up to Bar Louis I get a rock in my shoe and give our sleeping baby to Adam as we walk in. All of the sudden there is a group of people yelling "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Not really catching on, I'm still paying attention to Weston who is now crying because he got startled, they were yelling at ME!!! I finally look up and there are 6 of my friends...I was in complete shock! Adam hands me some cash and tells me to have a great time, my friend is bringing me home and that he is taking Weston home to go to sleep. WHAT?!?!?!?! How did this happen? How could I be surprised?...I know everything! I never thought anyone could pull a fast one on me, I find everything out whether I mean to or not, I just couldn't believe my friends and husband surprised me!!!
WOW! What a great time! I haven't been out with friends like that in forever and haven't drank like that since before I was pregnant with Weston...yeah, a really long time. I had so much fun and I want to thank all of my friends for showing me such a great time. It really meant a lot to me that they cared enough to come together for my Birthday, I'm so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life, my incredible husband included.
1 comment:
YAYAYAY! That is so cute :)
Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment