Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The cast is OFF

And the first thing West did was jump in the bathtub! A bath is his favorite thing in the whole world and I felt terrible taking away his favorite activity for 4 whole weeks. He LOVES his bath! I put him in and he wasn't sure at first, then took his toy and splashed it in the water and started cracking up....I let him be in there for probably 20 minutes splashing and crawling and throwing water with his scoops, he was a complete prune.

His little leg is weak, so when he crawls sometimes he falls and when he stands sometimes his leg gives out. But I give him a week to get his strength up and I am betting by the end of next week he might be walking! He was walking holding my hands last night but he wasn't using me as support, he just wouldn't let go.



2 comments:

Manday said...

Yay! I am glad he made a full recovery and gets his bath time again! Can't wait to hear the announcement when he walks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the cast is off and all is well. Bath time is a favorite for us, too. I usually have the shower running to steam up his little lungs...but he splashes and has quite a good time in the tub. I think I might actually get more wet than he does. (We are still using the baby bath tub since we have a wonderful counter spot to use it in the bathroom...but he will outgrow it all too soon.

Hey, is that just a normal bath mat that he is on or is it something interesting and special that I just have to have?