Mystery Sign Solved
I was home last week with Weston and the entire week he kept pointing to his opposite palm with his finger. I knew it had to mean something, they have been teaching him sign language at daycare for a couple of months. I just couldn't figure it out, we got out the Sign Language DVD and watched that...nothing. So, while we were playing with a ball I said "ball" and he made the sign! I thought I had it, when I took him back to school this morning I asked them just to be sure what the sign meant because I was sure I figured it out and low and behold they said it meant "more!" At least that's his version of that sign. I told them he was doing it when we were playing and they just laughed and said, "Yes, Weston wants more of everything...food, milk, play..." Oh, Gotcha.
His latest thing is pointing at everything and everyone, so we try to use it as a learning experience and describe the object or tell him what or who he's pointing at. Although, it's mostly at his sippy if it happens to be out of reach!
Here are all the signs West does on a regular basis (it's my job to brag, right? And notice "mommy" is not on the list yet...we're working on that!):



2 comments:
Too cool. I"ve always wanted to learn sign language.
Yay for signing!
Even though our son is a long way away from using sign, we have a poster hung up with a bunch of the signs so we can learn them ourselves. His dad (who is in a race to get him to say papa before he says mama) keeps making the sign for papa. I keep teasing him and making an L on his forhead instead.
Such positive role models we are.
Post a Comment