Today was Weston's first day at daycare. This morning went well and I held up rather well. I got a phone call from Adam this morning and he asked me how I was holding up, I said fine, and I asked him when he was going to go over to check on the boy. He says to me, "Well, I am thinking I will go over around 2-3, then just take him home for the day!" So, even though he did NOT go over early today, at least he thought about it.
By about 2 PM I couldn't handle it any longer, I called the daycare to see how he was doing. She said that he liked the swing and was on the playmat for a while. And she thought he was so cute when he woke up from naps...he does this thing where he moves his head back and forth, stretches his arms above his head, brings his knees into his chest as a stretch and then lets out grunting sounds, he is such a guy, hehe. And he hasn't been real fussy all day, she said he has done really well.
Adam went to pick him up around 4:30 PM and said that Weston was a happy camper just swinging away when he walked in. When he came to pick me up, I jumped into the back seat and West's eye just lit up, and he got the biggest smile on his face. It was so wonderful to know that he was happy to see me! He "talked" to me literally the entire car ride home, as if he was telling me what he did all day. Glad to know he had fun :) This takes a huge weight off my shoulders and makes me feel a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment