I need to stop reading the 0-6 month Nest Baby board. I think those girls' job is to scare the living daylights out of new mothers. They aren't the only guilty party, I often get unsolicited advice from friends and acquaintances that urk me.
According to some I am a terrible mother going to hell because:
- I let my child nap where he is (that be a car seat, crib, bouncer, PnP, me, etc.)
- I let my child nap on his tummy (all of us slept on our tummies and we're still here)
- My child has been sleeping in his crib since he was 3 weeks old
- I do not breastfeed
- I have a car seat that isn't the #1 rated car seat, such as the Chicco and Snugride (um, all car seats sold must pass safety requirements)
- I have warmed a bottle in the microwave before and have put them in the dishwasher, and hand wash them in hot water
- I will not be buying new bottles or pacifiers that are BPA free, maybe if baby wasn't here yet and I didn't have 38 bottles already, maybe I would have went ahead and registered/bought BPA free (I would never buy glass, I will be conscious of it from now on, I just don't feel the need to throw out everything we already have - if BPA was that bad it would be taken off the market immediately)
- I have a Jeep carrier (not the Baby Bjorn brand)
- I give my child a pacifier
- I use a seat savor for our leather seats in the car
- My stroller is heavy
- I send my child to daycare and am a working mother
- Do not swaddle my child (he doesn't like it, never has) and put a loose blanket over him
Ugh, I really try not to pay attention to them. And then they make me second guess myself and my decisions.
To each their own, and I don't care how you raise your child or if you have the most expensive baby items on the market. I can't let them get to me or make me feel guilty. I do what is best and most comfortable for our family and that's all that matters.
2 comments:
Remember only you know what is best for your little guy. He's one cutie pie!
I think my friend's aunt told her, "Never listen to what everyone tells you to do with your baby. You are his mother and you know what's best. Everything else, just throw out the window."
I think it's great to do to what you know is good for your baby! You are a great mom and don't let anyone else tell you and differently!
Post a Comment