Thursday, April 17, 2008

Now this is a Growth Spurt

I went home with a screaming baby last night. I knew he was hungry, but didn't realize how hungry he was. We just upped his feedings from 4.5 to 5 ounces every 3 hours last weekend. Well, last night I fed him his usual 5 ounces and after I burped him he started to scream. So, I changed his diaper and that didn't do it, he was still screaming. I thought, "Could he still be hungry?" and made another 2 ounces. Once he got a glimpse of the bottle he got silent, I put it in his mouth and he guzzled it down. I again burped him, he was OK for about 30 minutes and he started to scream again! I thought, well, maybe he is still hungry and made another 4 ounces, he drank 3 ounces and fell asleep (for the night!).

WOW! Over a 2 hour period he drank 10 ounces of formula! He must be in his 3 month growth spurt!

No comments: