It might have been the longest and shortest year of my life so far. I look at West everyday and just can't believe he came from me. I barely remember that precious tiny infant that I could fit cradled in my arms, my little baby is now entering toddlerhood. He has become so independent and his personality is blossoming. I couldn't have asked for a happier baby with the best temperment I could have ever wanted, so easy going and go with the flow. He loves to make people laugh and knows just how to do it, you start to wonder how he knows that the things he does are funny. I am just in awe of him and sometimes can't quit starring at him. It's just incredible how much a child learns in the first year of life...to roll, then crawl, then walk, and the first smile, first word, first step, first food, first giggle, first wave, first kiss.
My favorite sound in the entire universe: when Weston yawns. It's been the only constant, it's the only sound that has never changed since the day he was born and every time I hear him yawn it takes me back to the day he was born and the first time I held him in my arms.
This past year went so fast, I don't even remember what we did last summer. I am just trying to soak up every second of every day with him and can't wait for the years of wonderment ahead.





5 comments:
Happy Birthday little one! Jody, I hope you make it through the day without tears! Great job on the pictures :)
Happy Birthday West! And congrats mom and dad for a great year! I can't wait to see what year 2 holds for this little boy!
Happy Birthday Weston!!
And great pictures, Jody! He looks adorable as always.
Darling pics!
Wonderful pictures.
Happy Birthday to West and yay for you. You made it through the first year.
Hugs.
Post a Comment