I spent about 20 minutes in Meijer last night looking into the glass of the freezers trying to decide which Whole Milk would be best and healthiest for my child. I knew I needed to get Whole Milk and didn't realize it was the same as Vitamin D Milk for about 10 of those minutes searching for the perfect milk. So many options...Hormone Free, Organic, Meijer Brand, Name Brand, half gallon, whole gallon. I ended up getting an Organic Whole Milk that was hormone free. We drink 1%, so even to look at this thick white liquid that coats the jug looks gross to me, but I bought it, all $5 of it!
When I got home West was all ready for bed and had already eaten dinner that his daddy fed him and almost ready for his last bottle of the day. I was so excited for this new milk I barely walked in the door before breaking a sippy cup out and filling it with this magnificent liquid that would untie me from the binds of formula.
You see, West completely refuses to drink formula from his sippy (as in spits it out and throws the sippy across the room), he has decided that juice is the only liquid good enough for the sippy and formula only belongs in his bottle. I was really hoping that Whole Milk would be a different enough taste from formula that he would drink it from a sippy.
Success! West drank it up like there was no tomorrow! We even had to give him another cup full! My waiting had prevailed, now West knows that formula goes in a bottle but Whole Milk goes in a sippy. Until this morning when my husband announces to me that Weston drank a whole 6 ounces of Whole Milk this morning....what for it...IN HIS BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?! Does anyone else see why I'd be upset about this? We even talked about it the night before but I guess my rambling got lost in his TV watching. West is making an association, he knows that formula goes in his bottle and not a sippy, and that juice goes in a sippy and not the bottle...now I'm terrified that tonight he won't drink Whole Milk out of his sippy because it's been in the sacred bottle that we are trying to wean him from. Grrrrrrrr. Formula = Bottle, Whole Milk = Sippy, how is this hard? That way when he's done with formula, he's done with a bottle, makes perfect sense in my head!
I guess my husband wants our child to be on a bottle until he's two, Suri Cruise anyone?
2 comments:
Yes... milk in bottle = bad idea, especially if he WILL drink it out of the cup! My parents could not wean me off my bottle because I liked my milk in it, and when they stopped giving milk to me in a bottle I stopped drinking it all together, pretty much for good, as in, I still do not drink milk!
You know, when it comes to several people in my life (family/friends/colleagues), I kind of wish I could begin every conversation with, "Hey, this is really important and I need you to actually be listening to me when I say it."
But they'd stop listening to that, too. :(
Post a Comment